Hi to all History/Social Studies students,
You’re invited to a unique event where your views, experiences and feelings matter – where you are at centrestage.
We invite you to submit short notes – through email or Facebook; and they can be written or visual, or comprise photographs or video clips – on your views and experiences in learning history.
Your views matter – we are seeking thoughtful and creative responses. Selected notes will be discussed at the Students at Centrestage Seminar (see below for details).
Some things to get your thoughts going:
1. The Historian’s Way: in learning history, do you work and think like a historian?
2. The Experience: what learning activities work for you, and which activities don’t?
3. Values and Lessons: what values and lessons does history provide us?
4. Problems and Frustrations: are you frustrated by problems such as language, concepts, sources, comparison etc? How can learning history be more fun and meaningful?
5. The Future: will you take history in your next school or in university?
Students at Centrestage: A Seminar on Learning History in Singapore
Presented by the Singapore Heritage Society
9 am-1 pm, Saturday, 27 November 2010
Possibility Room, 5th Level, National Library Building
You can register for the seminar at:
The event is free and seating is on a FCFS basis.
Dr Loh Kah Seng, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Candice Alexis Seet, email@example.com
Ms Junaidah Jaffar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Lee Si Wei, email@example.com
Founded in 1986, the Singapore Heritage Society is a non-profit, non-government organisation and registered charity. The Society is dedicated to the preservation, transmission and promotion of Singapore’s history, heritage and identity.